SCHERER-MEDAILLE

The German Society for Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine awards the Scherer Medal in memory of Privy Councillor Professor Dr. Johann Joseph von Scherer, 1814 – 1869, who with his scientific findings in the area of physiological and clinical chemistry and the establishment of the clinical chemistry laboratory at the Juliusspital in Wurzburg became a founder of the subject area of clinical chemistry in Wurzburg.
This bronze medal was created by the sculptor Gerhard Marcks from Cologne and displays an image of Johann Joseph von Scherer.

The executive committee of the German Society for Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine awards the Scherer Medal to individuals for outstanding achievements in scientific development and contributions to the advancement of clinical chemistry. The medal is presented together with a charter.
Awarding of the Scherer Medal will be announced in the newsletter of the German Society for Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine.